Terms of Service
Last Revised: April 27, 2020
Welcome to www.nyrr.org, the official website of New York Road Runners, Inc. We may refer to ourselves on this page, as: “New York Road Runners,” “NYRR,” “we,” “our,” or “us.” We refer to you as “you” or “your.”
These Terms shall supersede and replace all previous versions thereof. NYRR reserves the right to change the information, features, policies, promotions, disclosures and disclaimers of the Services at any time in our sole discretion without prior notice. Changes to these Terms will be posted on the Services as they occur. All such changes are effective immediately when we post them, or such later date as may be specified in the notice of updated Terms and any applicable additional Terms. You can tell that the Terms have been updated by checking the last revised date posted on the top of this page. Please check these Terms periodically to determine if any changes were made to it since you last visited the Services. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of changes to these Terms means that you have accepted and agreed to such changes.
You agree that when you click on “I agree” or another similarly worded “button” or entry field with your mouse, keystroke or other device, if any, your agreement or consent will be legally binding and enforceable and the legal equivalent of your handwritten signature.
The Services are owned by NYRR. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials and content contained on the Services or provided through the Services (including any form of media on or through which any portion of the Services is provided to you), including, but not limited to, text, graphics, data, photographic images, moving images, sound, illustrations, material, technology, software, URLs, interactive features and the selection and arrangement thereof (“Content”), are the copyrighted property of NYRR, its affiliated entities and/or third parties. All elements of the Services, including Content, are protected by copyright, trade dress, moral rights, trademark and other laws relating to the protection of intellectual property.
No Content from the Services may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, and non-transferable license to download, display, view, use, play the Content on a personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other Internet-enabled device and/or print one copy of the Content as it is displayed to you for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that: (i) you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices, (ii) you do not reverse engineer or make any modifications to the Content or Services, (iii) you do not use the Content in a manner that suggests any association with any of our products, services, or brands or the products, services or brands of any other person, and (iv) you do not harvest information from the Services, (v) you do not interfere with the proper operation of or any security measure used by the Content or Services, and (iv) you do not download any of the Content to a database that can be used to avoid future access to the Services for access to such downloaded materials. Your unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, communications, and other laws, and any such use may result in your personal liability, including potential criminal liability.
All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by NYRR and its licensors and other third parties. No right or license may be construed, under any legal theory, by implication, estoppel, industry custom, or otherwise. Any unauthorized use of any Content or the Services for any purpose is prohibited.
The Content, and all NYRR trademarks, service marks, brands, trade dress, logos, characters and trade names, including, but not limited to the marks New York Road Runners®, NYRR®, NYRR Run for the Future®, NYRR Run Clean®, NYRR RunCenter®, Respect the Run®, Rising New York Road Runners®, Run Brooklyn®, Run Manhattan®, Run Queens®, Run Staten Island®, Run the Bronx®, Bronx 10 Mile®, Brooklyn Half®, Billion Mile Race®, New York City Marathon®, NYC Half®, One for You One for Youth®, Queens 10K®, Run New York. Five Boroughs. One City®, Staten Island Half®, Where the World Comes to Run®, Global Running Day logo, Global Running Day Million Kid Run logo, Global Running Day circular avatar, Rising New York Road Runners circular and horizontal logos, Bronx 10 Mile logo, Brooklyn Half logo, NYC Half logo, NYRR Runner logo, Queens 10K logo, Staten Island Half logo, as well as the domain names (registered and unregistered) associated with the foregoing, are proprietary to NYRR and are protected by United States and International Copyright law, trademark law, and other laws. Other than as permitted in Section 1, above, or as permitted by applicable law, you may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute Content or information available on or through this Services in any way without prior, NYRR written approval.
- Registration Data: If you opt to register for any portion of the Services (including, but limited to My NYRR), you agree to provide NYRR with accurate, complete, and updated information to your account (“Account”). Failure to do so will constitute a breach of these Terms, which, in NYRR’s sole discretion, may result in the immediate termination of your right to use the Account. You acknowledge and agree that NYRR may rely on the contact information in your Account to send you important information and notices regarding your Account and the Services. You acknowledge and agree that NYRR shall have no liability associated with or arising from your failure to maintain accurate information in your Account, including, but not limited to, your failure to receive critical information about the Services or your Account. You further agree that NYRR is authorized to verify any information in your Account.
- A User may register a profile on the Services to establish a group account with sub-accounts for such User’s students, family members, team members or other people associated with such User. In this case, the primary User shall be considered the Member for the purposes of these Terms and shall be responsible for the sub-accounts such User establishes, and the term “Account,” as it is used herein, shall refer to both the primary User Account as well as any sub-Accounts.
- The Services may provide you with access to some products and services without you having to register as a User. In each such case your identification is based on means of identification that the NYRR deems appropriate.
4) Electronic Communications and Customer Support
When you use NYRR, or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices, disclosures, and other communications. Any communication that we provide to you electronically satisfies any legal requirement that such communication be in writing.
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You acknowledge that the provision of support is at NYRR’s sole discretion and that we have no obligation to provide you with customer support of any kind. All legal notices to us must be mailed to: New York Road Runners, 156 West 56th Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10019.
5) Membership Requirements
- Fees and Payment; Renewal; Cancellation: If you opt to be a Member, you agree to pay all charges relating to your Account, including applicable taxes, in accordance with any billing terms that may apply to a particular transaction. You must provide NYRR with valid credit card information throughout the time that the Account is open. We will charge the Member’s credit card either after the trial period expires, or on the date the Member subscribes to the Services if no trial period is offered. Thereafter, we will automatically renew and charge the Member’s Account. Your Account may be suspended for non-payment, and you may be responsible for any and all bank or service charges incurred in connection with payment of charges to your Account, and for any costs of collection including reasonable attorneys’ fees.
- Notice: As the Member, you must provide us with your correct and valid email address, and you further agree to update us of any changes in your email address or other Account information. We may give a notice to a Member by means of a general notice on the Services, email to the Member’s email address on record in the Account information provided by the Member, or by written communication sent by mail to the Member’s address on record in such Account information. You may give notice to us by electronic mail at the following email address, email@example.com. All notices will be deemed given when delivered or, in the case of notices posted on the Services, as of the time of first use of the Account following such posting.
6) Postings and Other On-Services Communications
Any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use the Services and how have posted content or information on the Services, can request that such information be removed from the Services by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must state that the user personally posted such content or information and detail where the content or information is posted. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view.
- Rights of Use: By transmitting any Message or submitting creative ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques, suggestions, picture postings, postings to chat areas, boards, opinions, votes or materials, customer service, or any other form submission (collectively “Submissions”), you are granting NYRR a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, unrestricted, transferable, worldwide and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, sell, re-sell, sublicense, publish, translate, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, perform or display such Messages and Submissions, in whole or in part, in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotional purposes, and to sublicense such rights to others (collectively, “Rights”). All Submissions, whether solicited or unsolicited, shall become and remain the property of the NYRR. This means that anything submitted by you to the Services may be used by NYRR for any purpose, now or in the future, without any payment to, or further authorization by, you. NYRR also has the right, but not the obligation, to use your name in connection with the broadcast, print, online or other use or publication of your Submission. You agree that your Submissions will not: (i) promote any political or commercial purpose; (ii) defame, abuse, harass, stalk, or threaten others; (iii) use racially or ethnically offensive language; (iv) discuss or incite illegal activity; or (v) infringe any intellectual property or other right of any third party.
- Solicited Submissions: At times, NYRR may solicit Submissions from visitors to the Services including, but not limited to, information, ideas, artwork or other materials. For information on how solicited Submissions will be used, please review any notices of planned use posted where we solicit the Submission. Your provision of information in response to such solicitation is a grant by you to NYRR of the Rights described above.
- Unsolicited Submissions: We value your feedback on the Services. However, when submitting unsolicited Submissions to us, we cannot assure the protection of any proprietary rights you may assert in any such Submission. As such, we ask that you not send us any unsolicited Submissions. NYRR assumes no responsibility for reviewing such unsolicited Submissions and we will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities between your Submissions, solicited or unsolicited and future NYRR products or programs.
8) Links and Linkage Restrictions
The following restrictions apply to all links to the Services:
- Any service created by, licensed by or substantially associated with any entity that regularly promotes any product, brand, or commercial service (a “Commercial Site”) may not link to the Services without the written permission of NYRR, even if the page/area where the link originates does not promote a product, brand or service.
- Any service other than a Commercial Site (for example, fan sites, chamber of commerce sites, search engines, widely available Internet browsers) (“Permissible Sites”) has a limited, non-commercial, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, and non-transferable license to link to the Services without written permission of the NYRR if such link is: (i) a “word” (as opposed to a “logo”) link, and (ii) spatially separated from, and not otherwise associated with, any sponsorship advertising, or other commercial text or graphics that may be associated with, any sponsorship advertising, or other commercial text or graphics that may be on the page/area containing such word link.
- The Services logos or any other logo of the NYRR or its affiliates (a “logo” link) may not be used to link to the Services without the written permission of NYRR.
- No link to the Services may be “framed” by the Permissible Services where the link originated if such “frame” contains any sponsorship, advertising or other commercial text or graphics.
- All links to the Services from a Permissible Services must be to the Services’ home page. Links to internal pages within the Services are not permitted without prior written consent of NYRR.
- The posting or creation of any link to the Services signifies that you have read these Linkage Restrictions and agree to abide by their terms.
NYRR may provide links to other web sites. However, we are not responsible for the information collection, use and disclosure practices of those other web sites, and we advise you to check the privacy policies of each such other web site before using it, to understand how your personal information will be handled on each such other web site. Our Terms do not apply to any of the other web sites to which our Services link.
9) Race Statistics
NYRR may make available on the Services statistics, including biometric data, geo-location data, and other statistics generated and/or calculated by the NYRR using proprietary calculations and analyses, relating to or arising out of the performance of runners during or in connection with a NYRR race (“NYRR Statistics”). If you use such NYRR Statistics, You agree that: (i) any use, display or publication of the NYRR Statistics shall include a prominent attribution to the Services in connection with such use, display or publication, (2) the NYRR Statistics may only be used, displayed or published for legitimate news reporting or private, non-commercial purposes, (3) the NYRR Statistics may not be used in connection with any sponsorship or commercial identification, (4) the NYRR Statistics may not be used or referred to in connection with any gambling activity (including legal gambling activity), (5) the NYRR Statistics may not be used in connection with any commercial product or service, (6) the NYRR Statistics may not be used in connection with any product or service that presents a live, near-live or other real-time or archived play-by-play account or depiction of any NYRR race, and (7) the NYRR Statistics may not be used in connection with any web site, product or service that features a database (in any medium or format) of a comprehensive, regularly updated statistics from any NYRR competition or event without the NYRR’s express prior written consent.
10) Claims of Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1988 (“DCMA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under United States copyright law. If you believe, in good faith, that materials hosted by NYRR infringe upon your copyright, you (or your agent) may request that material be removed, or access to it blocked. Requests, in this respect, should be sent to:
Director, Digital and Social Media
New York Road Runners, Inc.
156 West 56th Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10019
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringed upon or to be the subject of infringing activity and that you are seeking to have removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit NYRR to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit NYRR to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed upon.
We will respond to notices of claimed copyright infringement in accordance with the DMCA. It is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
11) Third Parties
The Services may contain or may interact with third party content that is not owned, controlled or operated by NYRR (collectively, “Third Party Services”). We may also host our content on Third Party Services. NYRR neither endorses nor controls such Third Party Services, and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for the information, content, products, or services on or available from such Third Party Services, or for the results to be obtained from using them. If you choose to access any such Third Party Services, you do so at your own risk.
Any interactions, transactions, and other dealings that you have with any third parties found on or through the Services are solely between you and the third party.
12) Service Features
- E-mails and Push Notifications. You can opt out of receiving certain promotional communications (e-mails and push notifications) from us at any time (i) for e-mails, follow the instructions as provided in e-mails to click on the unsubscribe link or send an e-mail to us at email@example.com with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the e-mail; (ii) for push notifications or in-app messages, adjust the permissions in your mobile device. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the e-mail address, phone number, or device used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions or non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or NYRR’s ongoing business relations.
- Text Messages, Call Alerts. If you participate in NYRR Events and agree by to receive text messages and call alerts by signing the General Liability Waiver and Release (and not opting out), NYRR may send you ongoing text message and prerecorded call alerts (including by automatic dialing systems) regarding date or time changes, weather or route updates, your location and placement in a race and other race related information for any Events in which you participate. Your consent is not required to participate in any Event or a condition of any purchase, and you may withdraw your consent at any time for text message and prerecorded call alerts by sending an email to NYRR’s Runner Services at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you no longer wish to receive text message alerts and prerecorded call alerts. Your withdrawal will be put into effect no later than 24 hours from the time your email is received by NYRR. Standard message, data and other fees may be charged by your carrier and carriers may deduct charges from pre-paid amounts or data allowances, for which you are responsible. Not all phone and/or carriers are supported. You may contact your carrier for further details.
13) Agreement to Arbitrate Disputes and Choice of Law.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY—IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT AND TO HAVE A JURY HEAR YOUR CLAIMS. It contains procedures for MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
WE BOTH AGREE TO ARBITRATE: You and NYRR agree to resolve any claims relating to these Terms through final and binding arbitration, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate NYRR’s intellectual property rights (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or patent rights). Under such circumstances NYRR may bring a lawsuit solely for injunctive relief to stop unauthorized use or abuse of the Services, or intellectual property infringement (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or patent rights) without first engaging in arbitration or the informal dispute-resolution process described above.
WHAT IS ARBITRATION: Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court and seeks to resolve disputes more quickly. Instead of a judge or a jury, the case will be decided by a neutral arbitrator who has the power to award the same damages and relief that a court can. If any provision of this arbitration agreement is found unenforceable, the unenforceable provision shall be severed, and the remaining arbitration terms shall be enforced.
ARBITRATION PROCEDURES: The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this dispute resolution provision. Arbitration shall be initiated through JAMS. Any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms shall be referred to and finally determined by arbitration in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures in front of one arbitrator. If there is a conflict between JAMS Rules and the rules set forth in this TOU, the rules set forth in this TOU will govern. The JAMS Rules and instructions for how to initiate an arbitration are available from JAMS at http://www.jamsadr.com or 1-800-352-5267. To initiate arbitration, you or NYRR must do the following things:
(1) Write a demand for Arbitration. The demand must include a description of the Claim and the amount of damages sought to be recovered. You can find a copy of a Demand for Arbitration at https://www.jamsadr.com/.
(2) Send three copies of the Demand for Arbitration, plus the appropriate filing fee to: JAMS to your local JAMS office or to JAMS, Two Embarcadero Center, Suite 1500, San Francisco, CA 94111
(3) Send one copy of the Demand for Arbitration to the other party.
Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the JAMS Rules. If travelling to New York is a burden, you may participate in the arbitration by phone or via document submission to the fullest extent allowable by the arbitrator. Each party will bear their own costs of arbitration unless the arbitrator directs that bearing such costs would be an undue burden and in that case, we will pay for your portion of the arbitration administrative costs (but not your attorneys’ fees). Arbitration under this agreement shall be held in the United States in New York, NY under New York law without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. The arbitration may award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court (including injunctive relief). Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
AUTHORITY OF ARBITRATOR: The arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and NYRR, and the dispute will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the Arbitration Rules, and the Terms. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and NYRR.
NO CLASS ACTIONS: You may only resolve disputes with us on an individual basis, and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action. Class arbitrations, class actions, private attorney general actions, and consolidation with other arbitrations are not allowed.
WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL: THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY, instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient and less costly than rules applicable in court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In the event any litigation should arise between you and NYRR in any state or federal court in a suit to vacate or enforce an arbitration award or otherwise, YOU AND NYRR WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, instead electing that the dispute be resolved by a judge. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT YOU MAY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN DECIDING TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE.
Choice of Law/Forum Selection
In any circumstances where the Agreement to Arbitrate Disputes permits the parties to litigate in court, these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, excluding its conflict of law rules. You further expressly consent and agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of a court of competent jurisdiction located in New York, NY.
14) Your Representations and Warranties
You represent, warrant, and covenant that: (i) neither you nor any other person who uses your Account will use your Account to perform, suggest or encourage any fraudulent, illegal, untruthful or inappropriate activity, and (ii) that you and all other persons who use your Account will fully comply with these Terms.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold NYRR, its affiliated companies, sponsors, partners and all of its and their officers, directors, employees, owners, agents, information providers, affiliates, licensors, and licensees (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all liability and costs, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim or cause of action arising out of the use of (i) your breach or alleged breach of these Terms; (ii) your Submissions; (iii) your misuse of the Services or any use of the Services ; (iv) any activities accessed by, through, because of or related to the Services; (v) your violation of any laws, rules, regulations, codes, statutes, ordinances or orders of any governmental or quasi-governmental authorities; (vi) your violation of the rights of any third party, including any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right; or (vii) any misrepresentation made by you. This provision does not require you to indemnify the Indemnified Parties for any unconscionable commercial practice by such Indemnified Parties or for such Indemnified Parties’ fraud, deception, false promise, misrepresentation or concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact in connection with the Services provided hereunder.
You will, and will cause all other persons who use your Account to, cooperate with us in the defense of any claim. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter that may be subject to indemnification hereunder. You will not in any event settle any claim without the prior written consent of NYRR.
We make no representation, warranty or endorsement as to the accuracy or reliability of any statement, advice, opinion, content, materials or information contained in, and/or displayed, uploaded, or distributed by or through the Services. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such information will be at your sole risk. We will have the right, in our sole discretion, to enforce the Terms, or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the Services, but we have no obligation or duty whatsoever to do so, including any obligation to monitor the Services for such errors or omissions or for violations of this Terms.
THE MATERIALS ON THE SERVICES (EXPRESSLY INCLUDING ANY FORM OF MEDIA ON OR THROUGH WHICH ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICES IS PROVIDED TO YOU) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE DISCLAIM IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND THE ABSENSE OF INACCURACIES IN INFORMATIONAL CONTENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES OR THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SERVICES WILL BE a) UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, TIMELY OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; c)THAT THE SERVICES OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; d) THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE RESULTS WHICH MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; AND E) THAT THE QUALITY OF ANY SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. YOU (AND NOT WE) ASSUME THE ENTIRE RESPONSIBIITY AND COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THESE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY HEREIN, DO NOT EXCLUDE ANY PRODUCT LIABILITY CLAIMS, STATUTORY CONSUMER RIGHTS, DAMAGES ASSOCIATED WITH PERSONAL INJURY OR RESULTING FROM NYRR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, RECKLESSNESS, FRAUD, OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT NYRR IS NOT A HEALTH CARE OR MEDICAL PROVIDER AND IS NOT PROVIDING MEDICAL ADVICE VIA THE SERVICES. THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL FEATURES, FUNCTIONALITIES, AND CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ADVICE, INFORMATION, WORKOUTS, EXERCISES, REGIMENS, NUTRITIONAL ADVICE OR PLANS, RECIPES OR OTHER MATERIALS ARE FOR GENERAL INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AND SHOULD NOT BE USED IN PLACE OF a) THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS AFTER CONSULTATION WITH THAT PHYSICIAN OR THOSE MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS. SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH RELATED QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL OR SEE YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROVIDER PROMPTLY. IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY PAIN, DIFFICULTY, DIZZINESS, ILLNESS, OR DISCOMFORT, WHEN USING ANY OF THE SERVICES, STOP AND CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR SEEK EMERGENCY MEDICAL ATTENTION IMMEDIATELY. SHOULD YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR PHYSICIAN OR 911 IMMEDIATELY. YOU SHOULD NEVER DISREGARD MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING MEDICAL ADVICE BECAUSE OF ANY CONTENT PRESENTED ON THE SERVICES, AND YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE SERVICES OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SERVICES FOR DIAGNOSING OR TREATING A HEALTH PROBLEM. THE TRANSMISSION AND RECEIPT OF NYRR’S CONTENT ON THE SERVICES, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, OR COMMUNICATION VIA THE INTERNET, E-MAIL OR OTHER MEANS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE OR CREATE A DOCTOR-PATIENT, THERAPIST-PATIENT OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND NYRR.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES RELATED TO THE SERVICES OR CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO RUNNING, STRETCHING, OR FOLLOWING A TRAINING PLAN OR EXERCISE REGIMEN/ACTIVITIES) CARRY CERTAIN INHERENT AND SIGNIFICANT RISKS OF PROPERTY DAMAGE, BODILY INJURY OR DEATH AND THAT YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL KNOWN AND UNKNOWN RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THESE ACTIVITIES EVEN IF CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE ACTION, INACTION OR NEGLIGENCE OF NYRR OR BY THE ACTION, IN ACTION OR NEGLIGENCE OF OTHERS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR DECISION TO RELY ON AND/OR USE ANY OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NYRR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND DEATH, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR RELIANCE ON OR USE OF ANY PART OR ASPECT OF THE SERVICES.
17) Release and Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO RELEASE NYRR, ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES, SPONSORS, PARTNERS AND ALL OF ITS AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OWNERS, AGENTS, INFORMATION PROVIDERS, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, AND LICENSEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONNECT WITH YOUR ACTIVITIES AND/OR USE OF THE SERVICES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WEBSITES, MOBILE APPLICATIONS, CONTENT, TRAINING PLANS, EXERCISE REGIMENS OR ACTIVITIES) AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE THE RELEASED PARTIES FOR ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURIES, DAMAGE OR LOSSES ASSOCIATED WITH SUCH USE.
NYRR and its affiliates, officers, agents, partners and employees shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, resulting from the use of or inability to use the Services or resulting from any information or services obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through the Services or resulting from unauthorized access to or alteration of Your transmissions of data, including but not limited to, damage for loss of profits, use, data or other intangibles, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THESE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY HEREIN, DO NOT EXCLUDE ANY PRODUCT LIABILITY CLAIMS, STATUTORY CONSUMER RIGHTS, DAMAGES ASSOCIATED WITH PERSONAL INJURY OR RESULTING FROM NYRR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, RECKLESSNESS, FRAUD, OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE.
BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW SOME OR ALL OF THE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF, PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE STATE LAW, THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IS NOT PERMITTED, THE LIABILITY OF NYRR SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN ENTERING INTO THIS RELEASE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE THE BENEFITS OF, SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA, (AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE, COUNTRY OR TERRITORY), WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUSH HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
18) Waiver of Injunctive or Other Equitable Relief
YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AN INJUNCTION OR OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF OF ANY KIND, SUCH AS ANY COURT OR OTHER ACTION THAT MAY INTERFERE WITH OR PREVENT THE DEVELOPMENT OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEBSITE, APPLICATION, CONTENT, SUBMISSIONS, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNED, LICENSED, USED OR CONTROLLED BY NYRR OR A LICENSOR OF NYRR.
19) Termination of Services
NYRR may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Services at any time, including the availability of any Services features and services or restrict your access to parts or the entire Services without notice or liability at any time in NYRR’s exclusive discretion, without prejudice to any legal or equitable remedies available to NYRR, for any reason or purpose, including, but not limited to, conduct that NYRR believes violates this Terms or other policies or guidelines posted on the Services or conduct which NYRR believes is harmful to other Users, to NYRR’s business, or to other information providers. Upon any termination of these Terms, you shall immediately discontinue your use and access of the Services and destroy all materials obtained from it.
20) Services Directed at United States Visitors
You agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to these Terms or to any sale of goods carried out as a result of your use of the Services. Software related to or made available by the Services may be subject to export controls of the U.S., and, except as authorized by law, you agree and warrant not to export or re-export the software to any county, or to any person, entity, or end-user subject to U.S. export controls or sanctions.
21) Transfer of Information to Third Parties Upon a Sale or Change of Control
22) Our Administration of the Services
We may impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts, or all of the Services without any notice or liability of any kind. We reserve the right to change prospectively the amount of, or basis for determining, any fees or charges for the Services, and to institute new fees or charges for access to portions of the Services effective upon prior notice to Members by posting such changes on the Services or by sending emails to Members. You hereby agree to pay all charges to your Account, including applicable taxes, in accordance with billing terms in effect at the time the fee or charge becomes payable.
23) General Provisions
- No waiver of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
- You may not modify these Terms. If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the remainder of the provisions contained herein and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire agreement between us and you relating to the subject matter herein, superseding all prior oral or written agreements, and shall not be modified except as provided for herein.
- No consent or approval may be deemed to have been granted by NYRR without being in writing and signed by an officer of NYRR.
- If there is a conflict between these Terms and a subsequent additional Terms, the subsequent additional Terms will control for that conflict.
- These Terms control the relationship between NYRR and you. It does not create any third party beneficiary rights.
- If you do not comply with these Terms, and we do not take immediate action, we are not waiving any rights that we may have, such as taking future action.
- If you are using the Services on behalf of a business, that business accepts these Terms.
- NYRR may assign its rights and obligations under these Terms, in whole or in part, to any party at any time without any notice. These Terms may not be assigned by you, and you may not delegate your duties under them, without the prior written consent of an officer of NYRR.
- NYRR reserves the right to investigate and prosecute any suspected breaches of these Terms or the Services. NYRR may disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- Residents of California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights information: you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at: 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112 Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254. Their website is located at: http://www.dca.ca.gov.
- The sections on Indemnification, Limitation of Liability, and Disclaimers do not apply to New Jersey residents.
24) Terms Applicable for Apple iOS
If you are using the Services through an Apple device, the following terms apply:
(i) To the extent that you are accessing the Services through an Apple device, you acknowledge that these Terms are entered into between you and NYRR and, that Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) is not a party to these Terms other than as third-party beneficiary as contemplated below.
(ii) The license granted to you in these Terms is subject to the permitted Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service (see: http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html) and any third party terms of agreement applicable to the Services.
(iii) You acknowledge that NYRR, and not Apple, is responsible for providing the Services and Content thereof.
(iv) You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance or any support services to you with respect to the Services.
(v) To the maximum extent not prohibited by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Services.
(vi) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, and subject to the terms in these Terms, you acknowledge that, solely as between Apple and NYRR, NYRR, and not Apple is responsible for addressing any claims you may have relating to the Services, or your possession and/or use thereof, including, but not limited, to: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the Services fail to confirm to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
(vii) Further, you agree that if the Services, or your possession and use of the Services, infringes on a third party’s intellectual property rights, you will not hold Apple responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claims.
(viii) You acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
(ix) When using the Services, you agree to comply with any and all third-party terms that are applicable to any platform, website, technology or service that interacts with the Services.